Our Tax team is looking for the right fit to join our growing and collaborative department. The ideal candidate is passionate about growing their individual career alongside a team of professionals. We are an established yet quickly growing CPA Firm with a work environment outside of the stereotypical public accounting environment. We take pride in our community involvement and employee satisfaction. We provide opportunities to allow our employees to grow as far as they are willing to go.
Our accountants are given a variety of accounting, auditing, and tax assignments under the supervision of other personnel. Performance is measured based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Accountant are:
- Preparation of individual tax returns
- Preparation of financial statements
- Perform audit procedures as assigned by supervisors/managers
- Bookkeeping and client write-up monthly/yearly
- Perform specific tasks for clients as assigned by supervisor
- Researching for various projects
Skills and Education Required
The skills and education required for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Requires 3 to 5 years’ experience in public accounting
- Proficiency with computer and ability to learn various computer programs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good research skills
- Positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to “dig in” and get the work done
- Basic understanding, comprehension, and ability to articulate auditing, accounting, and tax concepts
- Developing or emerging leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuter products is preferred
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some weekends and overtime is required during the busy tax season.
Benefits include a 100% employer-paid medical plan. Optional dental and vision plans are available. An IRA retirement plan with employer match and paid time off with additional personal days.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.